#header-expand { background: #333333; }

Saturday, December 17, 2011

US Solo Tour Notes and Set Lists (12/2-12/13/11)

12/2 - Academy of Music, Philadelphia, PA

22 Songs. Lots of positive reviews from fans! Ryan was very funny (as usual) and debuted Ratt's "Round and Round" for the encore. The show was 2 hours long and ended right at 11 due to curfew.

Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes & Fire/If I Am A Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/Sylvia Plath/Invisible Riverside/Everybody Knows/Firecracker/Let It Ride/Dear Chicago/Chains of Love/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Lucky Now/Two/Crossed Out Name/New York, New York/English Girls Approximately/16 Days/Come Pick Me Up

Encore

Round and Round (Ratt)


12/4 - Lyric Opera House, Baltimore, MD

25 Songs and almost 2 and 1/2 hours tonight. Ryan played 4 Whiskeytown songs tonight as well as the Bob Mould - "Black Sheets of Rain" (which he recently played at a Bob Mould Tribute show on 11/21). Again Ryan was said to be hilarious and at one point played an improv version of Kenny Loggins' "Footloose". Lots of people mentioned how quiet and courteuous the crowd was tonight.

Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes & Fire/If I Am A Stranger/Dirty Rain/My Winding Wheel/Rescue Blues/Invisible Riverside/Everybody Knows/Firecracker/Let It Ride/Dear Chicago/Chains of Love/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Lucky Now/Two/House on the Hill/Avenues/Jacksonville Skyline/Crossed Out Name/New York, New York/English Girls Approximately

Encore

La Cienega Just Smiled/16 Days/Black Sheets of Rain (Bob Mould cover)/Come Pick Me Up


12/6 - Carnegie Hall, New York, NY

23 Song set that featured a rare performance of "My Blue Manhatten". Pretty typical set list other than that. Overall, lots of positive reviews for this show.

Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes & Fire/If I Am A Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/My Blue Manhattan/Invisible Riverside/Everybody Knows/Firecracker/Let it Ride/Dear Chicago/Chains of Love/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Lucky Now/Two/Crossed Out Name/New York, New York/Do I Wait/Jacksonville Skyline/Round and Round (Ratt cover)/16 Days/Come Pick Me Up

Encore

Blue Hotel


12/8 - Orpheum Theater, Boston, MA

25 Song set that featured the debut of a Galaxie 500 cover ("Blue Thunder") on piano. Ryan said he wanted to play a song by a Boston band and it was between that or "The Wagon" by Dinosaur Jr. Crowd was pretty noisy at this show. Ryan ended up playing "Oh My Sweet Carolina" twice as a result. Fans said Ryan was in a testy mood due to sound problems and the crowd, but still managed to pull it all together.

Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes & Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/My Winding Wheel/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Sylvia Plath/Invisible Riverside/Everybody Knows/Firecracker/Let it Ride/Dear Chicago/Blue Thunder (Galaxie 500 cover)/Chains of Love/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Lucky Now/Two/Crossed-Out Name/New York, New York/Avenues/Come Pick Me Up

Encore:

Round & Round (RATT)/Houses on the Hill/When Will You Come Back Home/16 Days


12/10 - Winter Garden Theater, Toronto, ON

24 Songs and 2 and 1/2 hour long Set with a heavy dose of songs from Love is Hell, including rarely played songs like "Afraid Not Scared", and "My Blue Manhattan". Also, "Dear John" was played for the first time since the last Cardinals tour. Ryan played a few very funny improvs including one called "Motorhead Sweater" and another that was played throughout the evening about Dracula, the cook who makes "mean" tater tots. Tons of positive reviews for this show from a lot of fans who were seeing him for the first time. Others who had seen him many times before, said this was the best they had witnessed.

Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes & Fire/Firecracker/Dirty Rain/I See Monsters/My Blue Manhattan /Two/Everybody Knows/Dear John/Let It Ride/Desire/Dear Chicago/Chains of Love/Lucky Now/Afraid Not Scared/Please Do Not Let Me Go/This House Is Not For Sale/New York, New York/My Winding Wheel/16 Days/Come Pick Me Up

Encore:

Round and Round (Ratt cover)/Crossed Out Name/Why Do They Leave?


12/11 - Cadillac Place, Chicago, IL

23 Song Set. "Carolina Rain" and "Nutshell" (Alice in Chains) popped back up in the set list tonight. Ryan had some friends come down for the show including Jesse Malin. During the show he mentioned that Pax-Am would be released the new D Generation album. Positive reviews continue to pour in from fans over this show.

Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes & Fire/If I am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/ My Blue Manhattan/Carolina Rain/Everybody Knows/Invisible Riverside/Firecracker/Sylvia Plath/Let it Ride/Dear Chicago/Chains of Love/16 Days/Lucky Now/Two/New York New York/Crossed Out Name/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Round and Round (Ratt)/Come Pick Me Up

Encore

Nutshell (Alice in Chains)


12/13 - State Theater, Minneapolis, MN

24 Song Set that closed with a cover of Bob Mould's "Black Sheets of Rain". Last show of the tour.

Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes & Fire/If I am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/ My Blue Manhattan/Everybody Knows/Invisible Riverside/Firecracker/Sylvia Plath/Let it Ride/Dear Chicago/Houses On the Hill/Chains of Love/16 Days/Lucky Now/Two/New York/Crossed Out Name/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Come Pick Me Up

Encore

Do I Wait/Round & Round (RATT)/Black Sheets of Rain (Bob Mould)

No comments:

Post a Comment