#header-expand { background: #333333; }

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Australia/New Zealand Solo Tour Notes and Set Lists (2/25-3/8/12)

2/25 - Perth Concert Hall, Perth
20 Songs. Not many reviews came in for this show, but those that did, mentioned Ryan was hilarious and played great!
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/My Winding Wheel/Sweet Lil Gal/Invisible Riverside/Everybody Knows/Firecracker/Let it Ride/Please Do Not Let Me Go/
English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/Do I Wait/Lucky Now/Two/New York New York/16 Days/Come Pick Me Up/Nutshell (Alice in Chains)

2/28 - Sydney Opera House, Sydney
24 Songs. "Strawberry Wine" was the big surprise of this night's set. Ryan also played an improv called "Iratu and the Legion of Doom". Across the board, reviews were solid for this show
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/My Winding Wheel/Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Jacksonville Skyline/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Dear Chicago/Sylvia Plath/Let it Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/Wonderwall/Lucky Now/Do I Wait/New York New York/ Two/16 Days/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Round and Round (Ratt)/Strawberry Wine

3/1 - QPAC, Brisbane
21 Songs. Fans mentioned that Ryan wasn't as "on" tonight, and overall the previous gig in Sydney was much better. One reviewer said Ryan spent half the show griping about tuning issues. Other reviewers said he sounded great and even played an improv called "Lair of the Minotaur".
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/My Winding Wheel/Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Dear Chicago/Sweet Lil' Gal/Do I Wait/Let it Ride/Chains of Love/The Hardest Part/Lucky Now/New York New York/16 Days/ Two/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Nutshell (Alice in Chains)


3/3 - Regent Theater, Melbourne
24 Songs. Fans said Ryan didn't joke around as much tonight, but still told some funny jokes. Some fans who saw this show and the 3/1 Brisbane gig, mentioned this was the better of the two. Ryan cracked one joke about an album he was in called Tokyo Nutsack and of course one of his staples of the set - "Mr Cat".
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/My Winding Wheel/Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Dear Chicago/Sylvia Plath/Let it Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/The Hardest Part/Lucky Now/New York New York/Two/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Holy Diver (Dio)/Avenues/When Will You Come Back Home

3/6 - Regent Theater, Dunedin
22 Songs. Ryan covered "Whatever You Run Into", which was originally recorded by local Dunedin group - The Verlaines. Fans said Ryan was very funny again tonight but seemed to be getting a little frustrated with the sound.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Dear Chicago/Sylvia Plath/Let it Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/Lucky Now/New York New York/Two/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Whatever You Run Into (The Verlaines)/Holy Diver (Dio)

3/8 - Civic Theater, Auckland
20 Songs. Fans and press hailed this show even though some said that Ryan seemed very tired. The now legendary improv - "Mr. Cat" has become a staple of the shows and was played again tonight. Also there was another new improv titled something like "Robert DeNiro as a Hawk"??
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Dear Chicago/Sylvia Plath/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/Lucky Now/New York New York/Two/Come Pick Me Up/Nutshell (Alice in Chains)

No comments:

Post a Comment