#header-expand { background: #333333; }

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Europe Solo Tour Notes and Set Lists (4/19-5/11/12)

4/19 - The Olympia Theater, Dublin, IR
18 Songs, 2 hour set. Lots of positive reviews. Ryan remarked about how much he loves Ireland. He also played by now what is his legendary improv song - "Mr. Cat". Fans also said that there were cassette tapes available of the first 2 Shit albums being sold at the merch table.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/If I am a Stranger/Ashes and Fire/My Winding Wheel/Dirty Rain/Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Let It Ride/Sweet Lil Gal/English Girls Approximately/Lucky Now/Chains of Love/Firecracker/16 Days/New York, New York/Do I Wait/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Holy Diver (Dio)

4/20 - Waterfront Auditorium, Belfast, IR
19 Songs . Ryan's voice was in top form but had some tuning issues with the guitars at this show. Fans said he didn't talk to the crowd as much as in Dublin but was still great.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes & Fire/If I Am A Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Let It Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York, New York/Lucky Now/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Round and Round (Ratt)

4/22 - The Sage Theatre, Newcastle, UK
19 Songs. 1 hour and 40 minutes. Fans said this was another great show but almost identical set to the first 2 nights. One fan mentioned his playing is even quieter than previous tours.. Also during the set, he mentioned plans to release 8 or 9 cassettes of albums his old label wouldn't let him release. Ryan made a funny comment comparing the venue to the DeathStar.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes & Fire/If I Am A Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Let It Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains Of Love/16 Days/New York, New York/Lucky Now/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Nutshell (Alice in Chains)

4/23 - London Palladium, London, UK
20 Songs. 1 hour 45 minutes. Lots of positive reviews and a few changes in the set list. Ryan played his "Mr. Cat" improv. One fan mentioned "Firecracker" was played like the solo versions from 2002.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Why Do They Leave?/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York, New York//When Will You Come Back Home/Lucky Now/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Black Sheets of Rain (Bob Mould)

4/25 - Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham, UK
20 Songs. Lots of great reviews. Fans in England who have seen him multiple times over the last year seem to be in agreement, that he is playing and singing better than ever at these shows. "The End" made an appearance tonight. Not a lot of banter, Ryan introduced "Please Do Not Let Me Go" as "here's another bucket of sunshine". Jason Isbell opened the show
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Let it Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York, New York/The End/Lucky Now/Come Pick Me Up
Encore - Holy Diver (Dio)

4/26 - Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow, Scotland
20 Songs. 1 hour, 45 minutes. Jason Isbell opened. Ryan declaired on Twitter that this was his favorite show of the tour. The crowd was great. Ryan played perfectly. The "Mr Cat" improv was played.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Why Do They Leave/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York New York/The End/Lucky Now/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Round and Round (Ratt)

4/27 - Sheffield City Hall, Sheffield, UK
20 Songs. "Mr Cat" was played again. Jason Isbell opened. Some fans mentioned Ryan seemed a little grouchy and the beginning of the gig. One fan who caught 3 shows during the week said this was the favorite. Ryan mentioned that this was "The Rainy Tour" and also said that he wrote "Winding Wheel" in Sheffield.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Why Do They Leave/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York New York/Lucky Now/The End/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Nutshell (Alice in Chains) 

4/30 - London Palladium, London, UK
21 Songs including the debut of "Mother" (Danzig)! 2 hour show. A few who saw the London show a week prior to this said this was the better of the two. Ryan played his "Mr. Cat" improv
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Why Do They Leave/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York New York/Let it Ride/Lucky Now/Jacksonville Skyline/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Mother (Danzig)

5/2 - Queen Elizabeth Hall, Antwerp, Belgium
21 Songs. Not a lot of banter
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Why Do They Leave/Let it Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York New York/Lucky Now/The End/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Nutshell (Alice in Chains)

5/4 - La Cigale, Paris, FR
21 Songs. Ryan was once again in great form. Some complaints from fans of a fairly chatty crowd and a squeeky entrance door, but it didn't seem to bug Ryan. Jason Isbell opened
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/When Will You Come Back Home/Why Do They Leave/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York New York/Let it Ride/Lucky Now/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Mother (Danzig)

5/6 - Carre Theater, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
22 Songs. Jason Isbell opened. Ryan was very focused and played great as usual. He also did a funny impersonation of Jason Isbell and his "Mr Cat" improv. "Damn Sam" made a rare appearance tonight. Quite a few fans who saw this and the Antwerp gig said this show had a much better flow to it and was the better of the two.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Why Do They Leave/Let it Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York New York/Damn Sam/Jacksonville Skyline/Lucky Now/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Holy Diver (Dio)

5/7 - Falconer Theater, Copenhagen, Denmark
22 Songs. "Invisible Riverside" and "Wonderwall" made a rare performance tonight. The "Mr Cat" improv was played as usual. Ryan was in fine form. Jason Isbell opened.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Why Do They Leave/Let it Ride/English Girls Approximately/Lucky Now/16 Days/New York New York/The End/Invisible Riverside/Wonderwall (Oasis)/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Nutshell (Alice in Chains)

5/9 - Folketeatret, Oslo, Norway
20 Songs. Ryan played a few improv songs and joked a lot between songs. Jason Isbell opened.
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Why Do They Leave/Let it Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York New York/Lucky Now/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Mother (Danzig)

5/11 - Waterfront, Stockholm, Sweden
21 Songs. The Final Show of the leg and of the "Ashes and Fire" tour. Jason Isbell opened
Oh My Sweet Carolina/Ashes and Fire/If I Am a Stranger/Dirty Rain/Winding Wheel/The Rescue Blues/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Do I Wait/Firecracker/Everybody Knows/Sweet Lil Gal/Why Do They Leave/Let it Ride/English Girls Approximately/Chains of Love/16 Days/New York New York/Lucky Now/The End/Come Pick Me Up
Encore: Nutshell (Alice in Chains)



No comments:

Post a Comment