#header-expand { background: #333333; }

Saturday, October 25, 2014

US/Canada Tour Notes and Setlists (9/30-10/23/14)

10/1 - Sonos Private Party, ?
According to an article in the Santa Barbara Independent, Ryan Adams and Mike Viola played a 3 song acoustic set in the early afternoon. One of the tunes was an improv called "Why Doesn't My Phone Work With It".

10/1 - Arlington Theater, Santa Barbara, CA
22 Songs. The set also included an improv called "Change the Boat"
Gimme Something Good/ Fix It/ Dirty Rain/ Let it Ride/ Stay With Me/ New York, New York/ Trouble/ Easy Plateau/ My Wrecking Ball/ Shadows/ I Just Might/ I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/ The Door/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ Am I Safe/ Rats in the Wall/ When the Summer Ends/ Peaceful Valley/ Change the Boat Improv/ Kim/ Dear Chicago/ Magnolia Mountain/ Run to You (Bryan Adams)

10/3 - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, San Francisco, CA
13 Songs. Ryan led the band through an improv song called "Three Fucking Balloons"
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Dirty Rain/ Stay With Me/ Trouble/ Easy Plateau/ Am I Safe/ Shadows/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ Peaceful Valley/ Fix It/ Everybody Knows/ Come Pick Me Up

10/5 - Arlene Schnitzer Hall, Portland, OR
20 Songs. Lots of positive reviews for this show.
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Stay With Me/ Dirty Rain/ New York, New York/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Am I Safe/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ Fix It/ Shadows/ Dear Chicago/ I Just Might/ My Wrecking Ball/ Trouble/ La Cienega Just Smiled/ Cold Roses
Encore: Peaceful Valley/ I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/ Rats in the Wall/ When the Summer Ends

10/6 - Paramount Ballroom, Seattle, WA
18 Songs. There were a couple fans who mentioned that this was one of the worst Ryan Adams shows they had seen, but not so much due to the actual music. Ryan had thrown his back out the night before, and was having lots of issues with his monitor, and guitars being out of tune. Fans said he just didn't seem into it, (as can be expected when you throw your back out).
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Dirty Rain/ Stay With Me/ New York, New York/ Fix It/ Easy Plateau/ Shadows/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ Am I Safe/ Peaceful Valley/ My Wrecking Ball/ Kim/ Everybody Knows/ I Just Might/ Rats in the Wall/ When the Summer Ends
Encore: Nutshell (Alice in Chains)

10/7 - Orpheum Theater, Vancouver, BC
19 Songs. According to a fan who went to shows in Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver; this was the best of the three. The band also played "This House is not for Sale", "Rats in the Wall", "When the Summer Ends", and "Why Do They Leave"; but not sure where these fit in.
Gimme Something Good/ I See Monsters/ Let it Ride/ Stay With Me/ Shadows/ Dirty Rain/ Am I Safe/ A Kiss Before I Go/ New York, New York/ Cold Roses/ Peaceful Valley/ Trouble/ Everybody Knows/ Run to You (Bryan Adams)
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

10/9 - Francis Winspear Theater, Edmonton, AB
19 Songs + an improv song called "New Brown Sugar"
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Stay With Me/ Dirty Rain/ New York, New York/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Easy Plateau/ Am I Safe/ Fix It/ Shadows/ Why Do They Leave/ I Just Might/ Peaceful Valley/ Trouble/ Kim/ I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/ Rats in the Walls/ When the Summer Ends/ This House is Not for Sale

10/10 - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Calgary, AB
20 Songs.
Gimme Something Good/ I See Monsters/ This House if Not for Sale/ Let it Ride/ Stay With Me/ Shadows/ Dirty Rain/ Am I Safe/ A Kiss Before I Go/ New York New York/ Cold Roses/Peaceful Valley/ Kim/ My Wrecking Ball/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ Why Do They Leave/ Easy Plateau/ Rats in the Wall/ When the Summer Ends
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

10/12 - Burton Cummings Theater, Winnipeg, AB
17 Songs. The band joined Butch Walker during part of his set.. "Damn Sam" made a rare appearance and was played solo acoustic.
Gimme Something Good/ This House is Not for Sale/ Let it Ride/ Stay With Me/ I See Monsters/ New York, New York/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Am I Safe/ Damn Sam/ Easy Plateau/ Fix It/ Shadows/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ I Just Might/ Cold Roses/ Peaceful Valley
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

10/13 - Northrop Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN
17 Songs. Ryan played "English Girls" solo. Butch Walker came out for the encore. Ryan and the band backed Butch Walker during part of his set. According to fans, highlights were "I See Monsters", and "ILYBIDKWTS".
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ This House is Not for Sale/ I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/ Stay With Me/ I See Monsters/ New York, New York/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Easy Plateau/ English Girls Approximately/ My Wrecking Ball/ Cold Roses/ Peaceful Valley/ Kim/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ Run to You (Bryan Adams)
Encore: Come Pick Me Up (w/ Butch Walker)

10/14 - Riverside Theater, Milwaukee, WI
20 Songs. The band dusted off the old Whiskeytown chestnut: "Yesterday's News" (first time since 2000!). Ryan also played "Lucky Now" solo acoustic, and the band did an improv song about one of the security guys. Lots of positive reviews. Ryan had a lot of funny banter tonight.
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Stay with Me/ Dirty Rain/ This House is Not for Sale/ Fix It/ New York, New York/ Shadows/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Dear Chicago/ When the Stars Go Blue/ Lucky Now/ Do I Wait/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ I See Monsters/ Kim/ Yesterday's News/ La Cienega Just Smiled/ Am I Safe/
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

10/16 - Chicago Theater, Chicago, IL
21 Songs. According to fans, highlights were "My Winding Wheel", "Dear Chicago", "La Cienega Just Smiled", "This House is Not for Sale", and "I See Monsters". One fan who went to both Milwaukee and Chicago mentioned Milwaukee was slightly better.
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Stay with Me/ Dirty Rain/ This House is Not for Sale/ Fix It/ New York, New York/ Shadows/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Dear Chicago/ My Wrecking Ball/ When the Stars Go Blue/ Lucky Now/ Do I Wait/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ I See Monsters/ Kim/ My Winding Wheel/ La Cienega Just Smiled/ Am I Safe/ Come Pick Me Up

10/18 - Stephens Auditorium at Iowa State Center, Ames, IA
18 Songs. Ryan played an improv called "Charlie and Fred Go Together Like Judas Priest and Leather".
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Dirty Rain/ Stay with Me/ This House is Not for Sale/ Fix It/ New York, New York/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Shadows/ Dear Chicago/ Lucky Now/ Peaceful Valley/ When Stars Go Blue/ Am I Safe/ Do I Wait/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/ I See Monsters

10/19 - Peabody Opera House, St Louis, MO
21 Songs. "Feels Like Fire" was on the set list but not played.
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Stay with Me/ Dirty Rain/ This House is Not for Sale/ Fix It/ New York, New York/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Shadows/ Dear Chicago/ Wrecking Ball/ Kim/ Do I Wait/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ Rats in the Wall/ When the Summer Ends/ Lucky Now/ Easy Plateau/ I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/ I See Monsters/ Come Pick me Up

10/20 - Uptown Theater, Kansas City, MO
22 Songs. Lots of very positive reviews. Some have mentioned that the band have been playing the songs a lot faster in concert. "Kim", "Come Pick Me Up", "When the Summer Ends", and "Do I Wait" were all noted as highlights from fans.
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Stay with Me/ Dirty Rain/ This House is Not for Sale/ Magnolia Mountain/ New York, New York/ Shadows/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Dear Chicago/ Wrecking Ball/ When the Stars Go Blue/ Lucky Now/ Do I Wait/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ Trouble/ La Cienega Just Smiled/ My Winding Wheel/ Kim/ When the Summer Ends/ I See Monsters/ Come Pick me Up

10/22 - Austin City Limits Taping, Moody Theater, Austin, TX
28 Songs. Recorded for television. Show featured a solo acoustic set followed by a full band set. The tv show aired on January 24th of 2015, and featured a shortened set that included "Stay With Me", "Let it Ride", "Do I Wait", "Dear Chicago", "When the Summer Ends", "Shadows" and the web-only exclusives "This House is Not for Sale" and "Dirty Rain".
Acoustic Solo Set 1: Oh My Sweet Carolina/ My Wrecking Ball/ My Winding Wheel/ Gimme Something Good/ Lucky Now/ Please Do Not Let Me Go/ Am I Safe/Desire/ If I Am a Stranger/ Run to You (Bryan Adams)
Electric Full Band Set 2: Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Stay With Me/ Dirty Rain/ This House is Not for Sale/ New York New York/Fix It/ Do I Wait/ Dear Chicago/ When the Stars Go Blue/ Shadows/ I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/ Kim/ La Cienega Just Smiled/ Rats in the Wall/ When the Summer Ends/ I See Monsters/ Come Pick Me Up

10/23 - ACL Live at Moody Theater, Austin, TX
24 Songs. "Lucky Now" and "My Winding Wheel" were played solo acoustic. The band's guitar tech joined the band for "Come Pick Me Up". Highlights among fans seemed to be "I See Monsters", "Trouble", and "Rats in the Wall".
Gimme Something Good/ Let it Ride/ Stay With Me/ Dirty Rain/ This House is Not for Sale/ Magnolia Mountain/ New York New York/ Shadows/ A Kiss Before I Go/ Dear Chicago/ My Wrecking Ball/ When the Stars Go Blue/ Political Scientist/ Lucky Now/ Do I Wait/ Oh My Sweet Carolina/ Trouble/ La Cienega Just Smiled/ My Winding Wheel/ Kim/ I See Monsters
Encore: Rats in the Wall/ When the Summer Ends/ Come Pick Me Up

No comments:

Post a Comment