#header-expand { background: #333333; }

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

US Tour Notes and Setlists (11/6-11/23/14)

11/6 - Murat Theatre, Indianapolis, IN
22 Songs
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Shadows/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/Lucky Now/When the Stars Go Blue/Rats in the Wall/When the Summer Ends/Do I Wait/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled/My Winding Wheel/Kim/I See Monsters/Come Pick Me Up

11/8 - Palace Theater, Columbus, OH
23 Songs plus an improv tune called "Firehose Pizza"
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/ Shadows/My Winding Wheel/When the Stars Go Blue/Rats in the Wall/When the Summer Ends/Easy Plateau/Do I Wait/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Kim/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

11/9 - The Fillmore, Detroit, MI
23 Songs plus an improv tune called "Future Song". Ryan Adams joined Butch Walker on drums for a couple tunes during his set. "NYNY" was played acoustic with the band. "My Winding Wheel" was played solo acoustic. "Rats in the Wall" was played slower and solo. According to fans, highlights seemed to be "I See Monsters" and "Shadows"
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/ Shadows/My Winding Wheel/When the Stars Go Blue/Rats in the Wall/When the Summer Ends/Easy Plateau/Do I Wait/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Cold Roses/La Cienega Just Smiled/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Kim/I See Monsters/Come Pick Me Up

11/11 - Playhouse Square, Cleveland, OH
22 Songs. "My Winding Wheel" was played solo acoustic. At one point, a fan in the audience told Ryan "to get on with it" while he was introducing a song. This led to several comments from Ryan directed at her throughout the show. Overall a lot of comments about a crappy crowd. According to fans, highlights included "I See Monsters", "Cold Roses", "La Cienega Just Smiled", and "Dirty Rain".
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/ Shadows/My Winding Wheel/When the Stars Go Blue/Rats in the Wall/When the Summer Ends/Easy Plateau/Do I Wait/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Cold Roses/La Cienega Just Smiled/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Kim/I See Monsters

11/12 - Massey Hall, Toronto, ON
21 Songs including the debut performance of upcoming single "Do You Laugh When You Lie?"
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/ My Winding Wheel/Shadows/When the Stars Go Blue/Easy Plateau/Rats in the Wall/When the Summer Ends/Do You Laugh When You Lie?/Do I Wait/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Cold Roses/La Cienega Just Smiled
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

11/15 - Carnegie Hall, New York, NY (solo)
22 Songs. Night 1 of a 2 night solo acoustic stand at Carnegie Hall. Lots of rarities tonight including the 2nd ever live appearance of "This is Where we Meet in My Mind" from the unreleased Glyn Johns produced album
Gimme Something Good/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Damn Sam/My Winding Wheel/Trouble/Nobody Girl/Lucky Now/Off Broadway/Halloween/New York New York/Let it Ride/Please Do Not Let Me Go/Rats in the Wall/Why Do They Leave/Sylvia Plath/Crossed Out Name/This is Where We Meet in My Mind/If I Am a Stranger/Amy/English Girls Approximately/Avenues/Come Pick Me Up

11/17 - Carnegie Hall, New York, NY (solo)
22 Songs plus an improv tune called "You Never Know How Bad it Can Get". Very different setlist from the night before with lots of rarely played tunes and the debut live appearance of "How Much Light" (another one from the shelved Glyn Johns album!)
Oh My Sweet Carolina/My Winding Wheel/Dirty Rain/My Wrecking Ball/New York New York/Friends/Am I Safe/Ashes and Fire/Gimme Something Good/Why Do They Leave/Off Broadway/The Hardest Part/The Rescue Blues/Lucky Now/Dear Chicago/Desire/How Much Light/Firecracker/Kim/Call Me on Your Way Back Home/Black Sheets of Rain/Come Pick Me Up

11/18 - Wang Theater, Boston, MA
22 Songs. Ryan Adams and the Shining backed Butch Walker on a couple tunes during his set.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/ My Wrecking Ball/Shadows/When the Stars Go Blue/Rats in the Wall/When the Summer Ends/Change Your Mind/Do You Laugh When You Lie?/Cold Roses/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Kim/I See Monsters/Peaceful Valley

11/19 - Tower Theater, Philadelphia, PA
22 Songs. Butch Walker joined the band on "Come Pick Me Up". Ryan had to stop playing "Oh My Sweet Carolina" midway through when a woman in the crowd kept taking flash pictures of him near the front row, and triggered symptoms of Meniere's. Highlights of the show seemed to be "Peaceful Valley", "Am I Safe", and "This House is Not for Sale".
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/Am I Safe/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/ My Wrecking Ball/Shadows/When the Stars Go Blue/When the Summer Ends/Change Your Mind/Rats in the Wall/New York New York/Cold Roses/Peaceful Valley/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Kim/Come Pick Me Up

11/20 - Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, NJ
21 Songs. The band debuted a brand new song called "Blue Light" said to be about people looking at their cell phones.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/ My Wrecking Ball/Blue Light//When the Stars Go Blue/Shadows/Cold Roses/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled/My Winding Wheel/Kim/I See Monsters/Come Pick Me Up

11/22 - Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY
25 Songs plus an improv tune called "Major LaTete". "Lucky Now" and "My Winding Wheel" were played solo. "The Door" made a rare appearance back in the set tonight. "I See Monsters" was listed as a highlight by several fans.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/ My Wrecking Ball/Shadows//When the Stars Go Blue/Rats in the Wall/When the Summer Ends/The Door/Cold Roses/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled/Do I Wait/Lucky Now/My Winding Wheel/Kim/I See Monsters/Come Pick Me Up

11/23 - Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY
23 Songs. The band changed the setlist up quite a bit tonight bring back rarely played tunes like "Magick", "Everybody Knows", "Crossed Out Name", "I Just Might", and the brand new tune "Blue Light". Butch Walker joined the band on "Come Pick Me Up". "Crossed Out Name" was played by Ryan solo electric. Ryan said his dad was in the crowd tonight and dedicated "My Wrecking Ball" to him.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Blue Light/Lucky Now/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Magick/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/ Am I Safe/My Wrecking Ball/When the Stars Go Blue/Everybody Knows/My Winding Wheel/This House is Not for Sale/I Just Might/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Crossed Out Name/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Come Pick Me Up

No comments:

Post a Comment