#header-expand { background: #333333; }

Friday, December 26, 2014

US Tour Notes and Setlists (12/3-12/18/14)

12/3 - Bayou Music Center, Houston, TX
20 Songs plus a classic improv called "Amstar". Comedian Dave Hill opened the show. "Magnolia Mountain" was played very quiet and laid back. "My Wrecking Ball" and "Lucky Now" were played solo acoustic.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/My Wrecking Ball/Everybody Knows/When the Stars Go Blue/Lucky Now/Shadows/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Am I Safe/La Cienega Just Smiled/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Mother (Danzig)
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

12/5 - Mcfarlin Auditorium, Dallas, TX
20 Songs plus an improv called "Cowboy Chicken". Fans that were at the Houston show said tonight was much jammier.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Shadows/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/Everybody Knows/Peaceful Valley/When the Stars Go Blue/My Wrecking Ball/Rats in the Wall/When the Summer Ends/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

12/6 - Brady Theater, Tulsa, OK
23 Songs plus an improv called "Dog Water". Jenny Lewis and her band opened the show. During which Ryan joined the band on guitar for several songs. Lewis returned the favor by joining the Shining on vocals during "Oh My Sweet Carolina" and "Come Pick Me Up".
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Shadows/A Kiss Before I Go/Dear Chicago/My Wrecking Ball/Everybody Knows/I Just Might/When the Stars Go Blue/When the Summer Ends/Peaceful Valley/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled/Kim/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/I See Monsters/Come Pick Me Up

12/8 - Kiva Auditorium, Albuquerque, NM
20 Songs plus an improv called "Laundry Maker". Jenny Lewis opened the show again and joined the band for "Oh My Sweet Carolina" and "Come Pick Me Up", while Ryan joined Jenny for a few songs during her set. Tonight's set was something pretty special, as Ryan played the second half of the show (from "Why Do They Leave" through "Lucky Now" solo acoustic. Not only that but he dusted off some rarities like "If I Am a Stranger", "Houses on the Hill", and "Holy Diver"!
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Shadows/A Kiss Before I Go/Why Do They Leave/Everybody Knows/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/My Winding Wheel/Trouble/If I Am a Stranger/Houses on the Hill/Holy Diver/Lucky Now/Come Pick Me Up


12/10 - ASU Gammage, Tempe, AZ
21 Songs plus an improv. Jenny Lewis joined the band during "Oh My Sweet Carolina" and "Come Pick Me Up". Ryan and the Shining also covered "She's Not Me" from the new Jenny Lewis album. And Ryan joined Jenny's band onstage during a few of her songs. "Lucky Now" was played solo acoustic.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Dear Chicago/Lucky Now/She's Not Me (Jenny Lewis)/Shadows/Everybody Knows/Peaceful Valley --> Cold Roses/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters/Am I Safe/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Come Pick Me Up


12/11 - Fox Theatre, Pomona, CA
21 songs plus an improv called "Take the Boat". Ryan played 4 songs with Jenny Lewis. "Lucky Now" was performed solo.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Dear Chicago/Lucky Now/She's Not Me (Jenny Lewis)/Shadows/Everybody Knows/Peaceful Valley --> Cold Roses/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters/Am I Safe/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Come Pick Me Up

12/12 - KCSN Benefit @ Valley Performing Arts Center, Northridge, CA
David Gray and Conor Oberst were also on the bill and played before Ryan and the Shining. Band only had an hour to play.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Magnolia Mountain/Dear Chicago/Lucky Now/She's Not Me (Jenny Lewis)/When the Stars Go Blue/Oh My Sweet Carolina/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Come Pick Me Up

12/14 - The Masonic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
22 Songs plus an improv. A classic performance! Jello Biafra joined the band for the Dead Kennedys classic "Moon Over Marin". "My Wrecking Ball" and "Lucky Now" were played solo acoustic. Jenny Lewis also joined the band onstage again for "Come Pick Me Up" and "Oh My Sweet Carolina". Ryan played guitar during Jenny Lewis' entire set.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Wrecking Ball/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Dear Chicago/Lucky Now/Shadows/She's Not Me (Jenny Lewis)/Kim/Everybody Knows/When the Stars Go Blue/Peaceful Valley --> Cold Roses/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/I See Monsters/Moon Over Marin (Dead Kennedys)/Come Pick Me Up

12/15 - Copley Symphony Hall, San Diego, CA
20 Songs plus a "Ghostbusters" improv. 
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Wrecking Ball/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Dear Chicago/Lucky Now/Shadows/She's Not Me (Jenny Lewis)/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Everybody Knows/When the Stars Go Blue/Peaceful Valley --> Cold Roses/Oh My Sweet Carolina/I See Monsters/Come Pick Me Up

12/17 - Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA
21 Songs plus an improv. Show was cut short after the processor for the building crashed causing the sound system went out. Following this Ryan played an unplugged acoustic "Come Pick Me Up" with Jenny Lewis.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Wrecking Ball/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Dear Chicago/Lucky Now/Shadows/Everybody Knows/When the Stars Go Blue/She's Not Me (Jenny Lewis)/My Winding Wheel/Peaceful Valley --> Cold Roses/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/When the Summer Ends
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

12/18 - Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA
21 Songs including a rare performance of "Wonderwall". Band was also joined by a pedal steel player during part of the set.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/A Kiss Before I Go//Dear Chicago/My Wrecking Ball/Shadows/Am I Safe/When the Stars Go Blue/Peaceful Valley --> Cold Roses/Do I Wait/La Cienega Just Smiled/Kim/I See Monsters/Wonderwall (Oasis)
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

4 comments:

  1. San Diego Setlist:
    GSG
    Let it ride
    Stay with me
    Dirty rain
    Ghostbusters (Impro)
    This House...
    Wrecking ball
    Magnolia Mtn
    NY, NY
    Dear Chicago
    Lucky now
    Shadows
    She's not me
    I love you but...
    Everybody knows
    When the stars
    Peaceful Valley
    Cold Roses
    Sweet Carolina
    I see monsters
    CPMU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can send you also the printed setlist. thom.bauer@freenet.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. Thomas

    ReplyDelete