#header-expand { background: #333333; }

Sunday, April 19, 2015

European Tour Notes and Set Lists (2/19-3/13/15)

2/19 - Brighton Dome, Brighton, UK
21 Songs. Natalie Prass opened the show with a 6 song set, and was backed for most of her set by Ryan and Daniel Clarke. Ryan and the band also played a Natalie Prass song ("You Fool"). Show also featured an Indiana Jones improv song. Natalie Prass sang on "CPMU" and Oh My Sweet Carolina.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is not for Sale/Wrecking Ball/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Dear Chicago/Blue Light/Your Fool (Natalie Prass)/Shadows/Everybody Knows/When the Stars Go Blue/Winding Wheel/Peaceful Valley/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

2/21 - Leicester De Montford Hall, Leicester, UK
21 Songs. Natalie Prass joined the band for "Come Pick Me Up". Ryan introduced "Blue Light" as the next 7" on Pax-Am
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is not for Sale/Wrecking Ball/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Dear Chicago/Blue Light/Your Fool (Natalie Prass)/Shadows/Everybody Knows/When the Stars Go Blue/My Winding Wheel/Peaceful Valley/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

2/23 - 02 Academy, Glasgow, Scotland
19 Songs. Ryan played an improv tune called "Cannibal Thieves". One fan commented how much better they sounded since last September.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is not for Sale/Wrecking Ball/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Dear Chicago/My Winding Wheel/Your Fool (Natalie Prass)/Shadows/Everybody Knows/When the Stars Go Blue/Why Do They Leave/Peaceful Valley-->Cold Roses/Oh My Sweet Carolina
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

2/24 - Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Scotland
20 Songs. Ryan played an improv song about being trapped in a box of cereal. Fans who were at the show in Glasgow, said this gig was much better and Ryan and the band seemed more into it.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dear Chicago/Dirty Rain/This House is not for Sale/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Shadows/Wrecking Ball/Your Fool (Natalie Prass)/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Everybody Knows/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

2/25 - 02 Academy, Leeds, UK
21 Songs. Natalie Prass joined the band for "Oh My Sweet Carolina" and "Come Pick Me Up". Ryan played an improv tune called "Concierge". Quite a few people complained about some rude people in the crowd who talked through the whole show. The show was pretty laid back.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dear Chicago/Dirty Rain/This House is not for Sale/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Shadows/Wrecking Ball/Your Fool (Natalie Prass)/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Everybody Knows/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiled/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

2/27 - Eventim Apollo, London, UK
22 Songs. Ryan played an improv called "I Just Ate Something Off the Street". Natalie Prass joined the band for "Oh My Sweet Carolina" and "Come Pick Me Up". The band changed up the set a little tonight adding in "Two", "Kim", and "I Just Might".
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dear Chicago/This House is not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/Dirty Rain/My Winding Wheel/Your Fool (Natalie Prass)/New York New York/Two/Kim/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/My Wrecking Ball/I Just Might/Trouble/Everybody Knows/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

2/28 - Wolverhampton Civic, Wolverhampton, UK
22 Songs. Ryan Adams and Mike Viola had a sword fight onstage tonight. One fan who went to this gig and the previous 3 said the band played better and better each night. Highlights included "Dirty Rain", "La Cienega Just Smiled", "Magnolia Mountain" and "I See Monsters"
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dear Chicago/This House is not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/Dirty Rain/My Winding Wheel/Your Fool (Natalie Prass)/New York New York/Two/Kim/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/My Wrecking Ball/I Just Might/Trouble/Everybody Knows/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

3/1 - Liverpool Guild of Students, Liverpool, UK
20 Songs. Quite a few fans mentioned the awesomeness of the version of "I See Monsters" played tonight. Ryan backed Natalie Prass on guitar.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is not for Sale/Everybody Knows/Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Kim/Two/My Wrecking Ball/I Just Might/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Your Fool (Natalie Prass)/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Trouble/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

3/3 - Cork Opera House, Cork, Ireland
There were some sound issues and Ryan also had some voice problems, so he played a large chunk of the set solo acoustic. Natalie Prass joined him for "Carolina" and the Patrick Swayzee/Dirty Dancing tune - "She's Like the Wind". Ryan also played an improv called "Mr Cat". Fans noted that "La Cienega" and "Friends" were highlights
Electric: Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is not for Sale/Everybody Knows
Solo Acoustic: Winding Wheel/Why Do They Leave/New York New York/Two/Trouble/La Cienega Just Smiles/Kim/Let Go/If I Am a Stranger/Run to You (Bryan Adams)/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Friends/ She's Like the Wind (Patrick Swayzee)
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

3/5 - Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
21 Songs. Another sword fight took place on stage tonight. Ryan played an improv tune called "Rescue Clown"
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is not for Sale/Everybody Knows/Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/My Wrecking Ball/New York New York/Kim/Peaceful Valley/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Your Fool (Natalie Prass)/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Trouble/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

3/6 - Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
22 Songs. Natalie Prass guest sang on "Oh My Sweet Carolina" and "Come Pick Me Up". The Natalie Prass song "My Baby Don't Understand Me" made it's debut tonight. "Firecracker" also made a rare appearance. Highlights according to fans were "Magnolia Mountain", "Firecracker", and "I See Monsters"
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is not for Sale/Everybody Knows/Firecracker/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Kim/Peaceful Valley/Two/I Just Might/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/My Baby Don't Understand Me (Natalie Prass)/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Trouble/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

3/9 - Falconer Salen, Copenhagen, Denmark
21 Songs. Natalie Prass missed her flight tonight, so Ryan played the opening set in a dress as "Natalie Sass". He played a bunch of her songs.
"Natalie Sass" Set --> Bird of Prey/My Baby Don't Understand Me/Your Fool/It Is You/Violently
Ryan Adams Set --> Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is not for Sale/Everybody Knows/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Kim/Peaceful Valley/Two/Blue Light/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Trouble/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

3/10 - Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden
21 Songs. Not much banter tonight, Ryan had to re-start "My Winding Wheel" after someone in the front row was taking flash pictures.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is not for Sale//My Winding Wheel/When Stars Go Blue/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Kim/Everybody Knows/Blue Light/My Baby Don't Understand Me (Natalie Prass)/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Trouble/Peaceful Valley/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

3/12 - USF Verftet, Bergen, Norway
22 Songs. Ryan played an improv tune called "I Thought You Knew the Cat". "Everybody Knows" was played full band acoustic.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is not for Sale/Shadows/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/Trouble/Peaceful Valley/Everybody Knows/My Baby Don't Understand Me (Natalie Prass)/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Dear Chicago/When the Stars Go Blue/La Cienega Just Smiled/Kim/When the Summer Ends/I See Monsters/New York New York
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

3/13 - Sentrum Scene, Oslo, Norway
22 Songs. Ryan and the band played the speed metal rendition of "16 Days" tonight. Ryan and Mike Viola closed the gig with another sword fight.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is not for Sale/Everybody Knows/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Kim/Peaceful Valley/My Baby Don't Understand Me (Natalie Prass)/16 Days/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/I Just Might/La Cienega Just Smiled/Trouble/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
Encore: Come Pick Me Up

No comments:

Post a Comment