#header-expand { background: #333333; }

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

US Tour Notes and Set Lists (4/12-5/12/15)

4/12 - Coachella Festival, Indio, CA
10 Songs. Show was streamed online. Guitarist Harrison Whitford played during part of the set.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/This House is not for Sale/Dirty Rain/Blue Light/Magnolia Mountain/When the Stars Go Blue/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Come Pick Me Up

4/19 - Coachella Festival, Indio, CA
10 Songs. "Peaceful Valley" was dedicated to Bob Weir who was in the crowd.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/My Wrecking Ball/Peaceful Valley/New York New York/Come Pick Me Up/When the Summer Ends

4/21 - The Rialto Theater, Tucson, AZ
21 Songs. A death metal version of '16 Days' was played during the set (but not sure when). Ryan also played an improv song about forgetting to introduce Daniel Clarke.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is Not for Sale/Everybody Knows/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Kim/A Kiss Before I Go/Peaceful Valley/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Trouble/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
E: Come Pick Me Up

4/23 - Gruene Hall, New Braunfels, TX
17 Songs. Set included a 15 minute version of "Peaceful Valley" and an improv called "Mike's Going to Jail".
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/A Kiss Before I Go/Peaceful Valley/New York New York/Kim/My Winding Wheel/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Trouble/When the Stars Go Blue/Come Pick Me Up

4/25 - Jazzfest, New Orleans, LA
19 Songs. Before playing "Dirty Rain', Ryan mentioned that he wrote the song in a hotel room in New Orleans. "16 Days" was played as a black metal song. Ryan also did an improv song called "Little Baby in a Hat".
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Dirty Rain/Stay With Me/This House is Not for Sale/Magnolia Mountain/Dear Chicago/Trouble/A Kiss Before I Go/Peaceful Valley/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Kim/When the Stars Go Blue/New York New York/Everybody Knows/When the Summer Ends/16 Days/Come Pick Me Up

4/27 - Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN
21 Songs. Natalie Prass came out and sang on "She's Like the Wind"; while Jason Isbell and Natalie Prass joined Ryan for "Oh My Sweet Carolina"; Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires came out for "Jacksonville Skyline".
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is Not for Sale/The End/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Kim/A Kiss Before I Go/She's Like the Wind (Patrick Swayzee)/Political Scientist/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Peaceful Valley/Jacksonville Skyline/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
E: Come Pick Me Up

4/28 - Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN
23 Songs. Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires sang and played on "16 Days"; while Jason and Natalie Prass sang on "Oh My Sweet Carolina". After throwing a fan out of a show at the Ryman 12 years ago for requesting 'Summer of 69', Ryan played an amazing stripped down acoustic version of the song tonight. He also played an improv song about eating sawgrass.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is Not for Sale/Why Do They Leave/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Fix It/Shadows/Everybody Knows/Anybody Wanna Take Me Home/When Stars Go Blue/My Baby Don't Understand Me (Natalie Prass)/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Peaceful Valley/16 Days/La Cienega Just Smiled/I See Monsters/Summer of 69 (Bryan Adams)/Come Pick Me Up
E: My Winding Wheel

4/30 - Iroquois Amphitheater, Louisville, KY
21 Songs. "My Baby Don't Understand Me" and "Winding Wheel" were played solo.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is Not for Sale/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Fix It/Kim/Peaceful Valley/My Baby Don't Understand Me (Natalie Prass)/Political Scientist/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/La Cienega Just Smiled/Trouble/When the Stars Go Blue/I See Monsters
E: Come Pick Me Up

5/1 - Beale Street Music Festival, Memphis, TN
13 Songs.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is Not for Sale/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/Fix It/Kim//Peaceful Valley/Oh My Sweet Carolina/When the Stars Go Blue

5/3 - Ntelos Wireless Pavilion, Charlottesville, VA
21 Songs. They also played an improv song called "GD North Carolina Fuckin' Sneeze". "Winding Wheel" and "Wonderwall" were played solo. Prior to the show, one fan mentioned hearing the band soundchecking "Living Loving Maid" (Led Zeppelin).
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/Dear Chicago/This House is Not for Sale/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Kim/My Wrecking Ball/Peaceful Valley/Cold Roses/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Oh My Sweet Carolina/A Kiss Before I Go/When the Stars Go Blue/Everybody Knows/La Cienega Just Smiled/I See Monsters
E: Wonderwall (Oasis)

5/5 - North Charleston Performing Arts Center, Charleston, SC
22 Songs. Jenny Lewis came out to sing on "Oh My Sweet Carolina". At one point Ryan mentioned that his dad was in the audience and said that some of the songs dont apply anymore before rocking into "The End". "Wonderwall", "Winding Wheel", and "My Baby Don't Understand Me" were played solo. Also "Shakedown on 9th Street" and "To Be Young" were played for the first time in a long while.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Dear Chicago/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/To Be Young/The End/Peaceful Valley/Wonderwall/Kim/I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say/Trouble/Oh My Sweet Carolina/When the Stars Go Blue/My Baby Don't Understand Me (Natalie Prass)/New York New York/Shakedown on 9th Street/I See Monsters/Come Pick Me Up

5/7 - The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater, Miami, FL
18 Songs. Supposedly there was a lot of talking, and hecklers at the show, so Ryan and the band did not play an encore. Jenny Lewis sang on "Oh My Sweet Carolina". "Gimme a Sign" made a super rare appearance tonight; as well as "Nobody Girl".
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Dear Chicago/Magnolia Mountain/To Be Young/Gimme a Sign/Peaceful Valley/Wonderwall/My Winding Wheel/Kim/Nobody Girl/Oh My Sweet Carolina/When the Stars Go Blue/Houses on the Hill/I See Monsters

5/8 - Big Guava Festival, Tampa, FL
12 Songs. Jenny Lewis joined the band on "Oh My Sweet Carolina", and Ryan Adams also joined Jenny Lewis for a song during her set.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/To Be Young/Dirty Rain/Stay With Me/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Peaceful Valley/When the Stars Go Blue/Shakedown on 9th Street/Come Pick Me Up

5/10 - Shaky Knees Festival, Atlanta, GA
12 Songs. "Mother" was performed in honor of Mother's Day. Danny Clinch joined the band on harmonica for "New York New York".
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/To Be Young/Dirty Rain/Mother (Danzig)/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Magnolia Mountain/New York New York/Peaceful Valley/When the Stars Go Blue/Shakedown on 9th Street/Come Pick Me Up

5/12 - Grand Opera House, Wilmington, DE
21 Songs. Natalie Prass joined on vocals for "Oh My Sweet Carolina". "My Winding Wheel" was played solo. A few fans mentioned going to multiple shows over the years and this was easily the best.
Gimme Something Good/Let it Ride/Stay With Me/Dirty Rain/This House is Not for Sale/Dear Chicago/My Winding Wheel/Magnolia Mountain/To Be Young/Love is Hell//Peaceful Valley/Wonderwall/Kim/Nobody Girl/Oh My Sweet Carolina/Shakedown on 9th Street/When the Stars Go Blue/Houses on the Hill/New York New York/I See Monsters/Come Pick Me Up

No comments:

Post a Comment